Bishop Thomas John Paprocki blesses Holy Water used for the dedication of
Father McGivney Catholic High School last summer, August 30, 2105
From left to right: Joseph Richard, Hannah Starnes, Nina Rodriguez, Erika Donaldson, Alana Giacoletto, Andrew Taphorn, Hannah Winson, Hunter Klette, Morgan Wagner, Abram Munoz, Logan Brown, Madelyn Thiel, Griffin Skubish, Danielle Villhard, Nick Carlson, Paige Anderson, Bryan Dammerich
Congratulations to the 17 Seniors on their graduation on May 22, 2016. We are very proud of everything this class has accomplished, both individually and as a group. They have been a joy to watch grow in their faith, academics, and maturity.
Here are just some of their accomplishments:
– Over $2.5 million in scholarship offers
– Accepted into 40 universities including SLU, Notre Dame, University of Illinois, University of Dayton, Fontebonne University, Washington University, Ole Miss, St. Leo University, and SIUE to name a few
– Over 3,000 hours of service as a class
– Attended over 160 all-school Masses
– 24% scored 30 or over on their ACT
– 12 of 17 students are graduating on the honor roll
– 5 of the 12 are graduating on the high honor roll
– 1 of our seniors will play soccer next year on an athletic scholarship
– Their average GPA is 3.295
A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to spend time with these seniors. I asked them various questions, including “what would you like to say to the community about their experience at Father McGivney Catholic High School”. Here are a few of their responses:
“I really love how small the community is. When I see a McGivney sticker on a car, I know who it is and that’s great!” – Griffin Skubish“Everyone in the class and the faculty are like family to me.” – Bryan Dammerich“FMCHS has been a blessing to me in so many ways. The people I’ve met, experiences I’ve had, and memories I’ve made will stay with me for my whole life. I love this school!” – Danielle Villhard“Family is the basic principle of this school and I don’t think that will ever change.” – Alana Giacoletto“It was really fun and enjoyable. I’m really happy I came here.” – Andrew Taphorn"My experience at FMCHS has been so memorable. It has prepared me for the future.” – Morgan Wagner“Everyone cares about you, if you’re having trouble, there is always someone there to help you.” – Hannah Winson“Thank you for allowing me to attend this amazing school. The staff is extremely welcoming. I wouldn’t trade my experience for the world.” – Madelyn Thiel“Father McGivney has truly helped shape who I am and it has pushed me to reach higher goals in my life.” – Nina RodriguezIt sure is great to be a GRIFFIN!